Sunday 3 May 2009

CHARITY SHOP WORKING

I have recently started helping out at one of our local charity shops and i am loving it so much.
I just help out in the back sorting out the donations pricing and hanging them up in the shop.
I am also lucky to get things half price if i see anything i like .
Although it is hard work as most people think its easy work it def is not but so worthwhile to help out for a good cause.
I work for 3.5 hours a week for them and i enjoy it so much I'm always surprised when its closing time.
You get such a laugh so i am now going to call my posts Friday finds and post my piccies of thrifty finds as the Americans say
Last week i met a lovely American couple in the shop buying dishes for her home in Boston and they were telling me they had such a lovely time in Northern Ireland on their holiday.
Is int it funny to hear how other people describe their furniture we would call a dresser where the Americans call it their hutch cute eh
I hope they got their dishes back in one piece as she was very worried about them breaking.
Its lovely to hear comments from travellers that have really enjoyed visiting your home country.
Although i made a mistake on Friday and put a size 12 on a size 18 coat and a lady was not very pleased as she thought she had found herself a lovely coat oops silly me (must have been talking to much instead of concentrating).
Poor lady was so disappointed and it was a lovely coat too if it was me i would have felt exactly the same way.
I did apologise of course ,but anyway moving on here is my thrifty finds

A double bed grey quilt cover for 75pence i will be taking this to France as I'm doing the bedroom grey and white.

A little white hat for Rebecca 50 pence

A black magic tin for 50 pence I'm keeping my nail varnish in this in the spare room


And off the 50p rail this skirt it is way too big for me but i liked the material and am going to cut it all down and make a skirt for myself out of it.I am only a learner sewer so i shall try my best i hope it will turn out .


Out of another charity shop i seen these for five pounds ,i just had to have them a box set of videos of Audrey Hepburn for five pounds.I hope everybody has had a nice May day and congratulations to all those who took part and finished in the Belfast marathon .

No comments: