Wednesday 22 April 2009

EBAY

I love EBay you will find me on it most days you can get some amazing stuff.
All in all i have had a good experience until recently.
I bidded on a mannequin for the bedroom so i could dress it up with my charity shop/eBay/jumble sale finds,bit eccentric i know but there you go that's me always looking for something to do.
I paid £98.99 including postage and he item came with a Free wig,it was brand new and retailed at £225 so i thought bargain.
Not so the next day the seller became no longer registered and i never received the item.
So i put a claim in with Pay Pal and they have now got my money back for me , i am so glad.
Hurrah for Pay Pal coming up trumps and the whole claim only took 14 days.

2 comments:

The Vintage Kitten said...

Thank god you got your money back. I know people complain about Paypal but I once didnt receive an item and it took about three weeks but I got my money back no bother. It always amazes me how sellers think they can get away with it, I dont think half of them even read the small print of Paypals rules. My seller gave a false tracking number so I rang Paypal and they immediately refunded (it was less than £10 so not such a big deal) but nearly a £100 is a different matter. So glad you got it back.

Lucky you getting the charity shop finds before anyone else. Do you think things are more expensive these days? The area I was shopping in recently could be seen as being quite affluent so maybe thats why the prices seemed higher (although for an affluent area there was alot of 'crap' in the shops). If I go to the shops in a not so nice area they have better bits and bobs and prices are lower. Maybe its just me?? Just goes to show that people who probably dont have as much money are less mean than those who do. Cor blimey that was a mini rant!!! I will get off my soapbox now, Hee Hee X

Chrissy...The Apothecary Shop said...

Hi there, just left a note for you on your garden blog!!! Hope you get it, Chrissy