Tuesday 2 December 2008

BELFAST CITY HALL AND THE BELFAST AYE

This is our capital city Belfast the wheel is called the Belfast Eye but more commonly known as Belfast Aye.
Aye is slang for yes here in Northern Ireland.
The wheel arrived last year and is really quite impressive with the city hall in the background.
I went up on it last year it was lovely to see the town all lit up at night .
The Christmas markets are back again this year in the grounds of the city hall, it really is very festive, Belfast has bought new Christmas lights this year and it looks beautiful .
We also have the lovely Victoria centre which has gone all out with the most beautiful Christmas lighting ,my camera was broke so I couldn't take any photos of it ,but I'm going back to take some when i get my new camera.

2 comments:

Debra in France said...

I have only been to Belfast once and that was the year I met my husband, 1994. I absolutely loved your city and wish that I had had the chance to go back and see more.

Debra in France said...

Hi Andrea, We drove from Belfast, through Derry to a little village on the coast in Donegal. It was a lovely drive. I loved Donegal, very wild and unspoilt. My biggest regret is that I didn't get a chance to see the Giants Causeway.

I look forward to seeing your photos from Antrim.

How often do you get over to France? Debra x